Monday, August 8, 2011

Reformat HDD that won't re-install windows, boot up properly, and was unproperly partitioned?

Hi all...I just recently tried to partition my HDD for another operating system (linux ubuntu 9.04) and in the midst of partitioning using freeware software my computer froze and would not respond to anything for about 25-30 minutes. Suspecting that my system completely froze up and powered off my computer via holding down the on. This obviously screwed up my hdd...i know that...but its all i could do in an attempt to run windows again. And noooow my hdd will not boot, it will not even recover windows using the restore disk. I am wondering if i can use another computer to download a cd image of formatting software that my computer can read at start up using the option of booting from a disk. I have also been told to just start up windows in safe mode and just let it set for a while and let it fix itself. I am not sure as to what I should do...help plz =)

No comments:

Post a Comment